Highland Ballroom, Ardara, Co. Donegal
The Ardara Parish Hall was built in 1943 at
a cost of £8,000. In 1962 (see below), two local businessmen (Brendan Keeney and
negotiated to acquire the hall and spent a fortune turning the aging hall into a
modern ballroom. The ballroom opened on November 28th,
1962 to the sounds of the Emperor Showband from Derry. During the 1960's and
into the early 70's. it hosted dances in the village of
Ardara. Sadly, the ballroom closed in 1977 and has been replaced by more updated facilities including a
new community centre.
As far as we know it is currently for sale.