The largest digital showband archive in the world!
Based In Sligo, Ireland / email: showbands@gmsproductions.com

CLICK FOR:     FREE FORUM        HOME PAGE        GUESTBOOK      MAKE A DONATION

Astor Ballroom, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

The Astor Ballroom opened on November 24th, 1948 with music provided by Bert Flynn's 10 piece band. For the next
fifteen years, the ballroom hosted many of the big orchestras of the day. In researching the history of the ballroom we have found that
the owner, James Quigley, was granted a dance license renewal in September, 1962. However, a month later in October, the
ballroom was up for sale. We cannot find any mention of it until 1966 when a small article mentio0ned the company Vidor moved to a
new factory, leaving their old premises which had been the Astor Ballroom. We take it the ballroom closed down in 1963 and
was converted to a factory.   
 


2002-2017 GMS Productions

In Loving Memory of Grant Gallagher: Sept. 21, 1990 - Nov. 18, 2006