Breaffy House Hotel, Castlebar
Established in 1890 by the Browne Family,
the hotel is located on 40 acres just outside Castlebar.
In 1928 – 400 acres including the house, was sold to the Land Commission for
division for local farmers.
Part of the land went to the Forestry Department and in 1962 the house and 40
acres of woodland were brought by Una and Michael Lee.
The house was opened as a grade A hotel in 1963. It was partly burned in a fire
in 1969 and rebuilt with additions for an expanded hotel.
The Lynch Group bought Breaffy House in 2001 and traded very successfully with
the additions of Fitness Club, Spa and Pool
and 60 bedrooms in November 2002 however, in August 2014 it was bought out of
receivership by TIRAWLEY LTD.
Once a great venue for dancing it is remains a top resort and features big name
concerts on a regular basis.