Castle Ballroom, Dungiven
Built in the 1830's the building
was at one time used to house the US Army during |World War II. It became a
ballroom in the 50's and 60's
and by the 1970's had fallen into disrepair and was going to be demolished. In
1989 the Glenshane Community Development bought the lease to
redevelop the property. In 2001 it was re-opened to provide budget
In 2009 Dungiven Castle underwent a complete redevelopment and redecoration of
the entire property.
The Castle became a 4* Castle Estate owned by Mr David John Hamilton until
recent years by which he sold the castle.
It now houses the second Irish-medium secondary school in Northern Ireland,